My favorite camera combo

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dr Hal Senior Member • Posts: 2,060
My favorite camera combo

When I travel, I do not like to change lenses.  For several years, my combo of choice was the Panasonic G9 and the GX9.  I used two sling straps and one on each side with one having wide angle zoom (8-18)  and the other usually with the 12-60 zoom or a longer zoom if necessary.  When I wanted to travel light, I used the 15mm lens on just one of the cameras.  I was happy and not looking to change cameras when I went to my local brick and mortar camera store to buy a new bag and I saw the Canon M6 Mark II and just for the heck of it asked to try it.  It is smaller than my GX9 and has a larger sensor with 32.5MP.  They let me try it and I could not resist.  I gave the GX9 to my son.  Then Panasonic came out with their introductory offer on the S5 kit with the 2 lenses.  The S5 is the same size as my G9 with the same wonderful ergonomics and incredibly better high ISO IQ.  I never thought that I would leave m43 cameras but these two cameras are my favorite camera combo that I have ever owned.  Both have easy ergonomics, beautiful colors, and are fun to use.  The lenses for the Canon M6 Mark II are small and I think very good.  The 20-60 zoom and the 45mm Sigma lens that I use for the S5 are not large lenses.  I have the 70-300mm Panasonic lens and even though it is not considered large for FF, it is large for someone who was a m43 shooter.  I only use that lens for sports and animals.

Hal

Dr Hal's gear list:Dr Hal's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Canon EOS M6 II Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH +3 more
Canon EOS M6 Canon PowerShot S5 IS Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix DC-S5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow