Small sensor vs bigger sensor (44X33 vs 54x40mm)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Canadianguy Senior Member • Posts: 2,775
Re: Are you seeing colour moire on the 102 MP sensor with a Bayer CFA?

highdesertmesa wrote:

JimKasson wrote:

Canadianguy wrote:

SigmaChrome wrote:

Canadianguy wrote:

The pixels are also the same as the 7RIV and the X-T4 sensors - just less of them.

I wish they were the same as the X-T4 -- then we'd have an X-Trans sMF sensor, and that would be really special. The Bayer sensor still has colour moiré issues.

But it has always been about the lenses - especially if you are taking about those non-technical aspects. Why do you think people have different lenses for the same focal lengths - they are after a different feel, looking for that "magic"

I haven't experienced colour moire issues on the 102 MP sensor with the Bayer CFA - are you seeing it?

It is there:

https://blog.kasson.com/gfx-100s/fuji-80-mm-f-1-7-on-gfx-100s-siemens-star/

I am not sure the current CPU can handle an X-Trans CFA for a 102 MP sensor - I rather they used the CPU cycles on the AF tracking calculations than for the X-Tran CFA calculations.

And in real life. I think this is the second time I've seen it in ~1400 images so far.

1:1 magnification screenshot (GF 50)

Is that from the GFX 50 series sensor? That sensor is known as a moire machine. I believe Jim blames it on the microlenses used...

I was referring to the GFX 100 series sensor ... from Jim's post - you have to zoom in a lot to see it.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow