Suggestions on holding camera with right hand only?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
mbcrutcher
OP mbcrutcher Forum Member • Posts: 94
Re: Suggestions on holding camera with right hand only?

All good suggestions, thank you.

I looked at the Peak "clutch" video and the speaker on the website cautions that the device may not fit smaller cameras, so I would need to investigate whether the clutch is appropriate for works an M series camera.  I also forgot that Leica makes a hold grip and I will look at that.

The suggestions that I switch from an M-series to a model TL or a CL are problematic for me.  I bought a T when it first came out, loved the look and feel of the camera, but the auto focus often failed me.  I returned it.  (the TL has since been updated and I hope the auto focus issue is a thing of the past.)

I have a CL with the 23mm CL lens and a 50 yr old 35 mm summicron as a substitute for a 50 mm lens.  The camera is capable of fine pictures, but for me it is over complicated.  I always forgot what the two unnamed wheels on the top of the camera are for.  I don't enjoy using the camera and, if I had the patience, I would try harder to understand it.  Frankly, I don't think a photographer should be held hostage by a camera.  The M-10 is easy to use by comparison (I don't look at the menus.)

Thanks again to those of you who are trying to help me.

mbcrutcher's gear list:mbcrutcher's gear list
Leica Q +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow