R6 Firmware 1.5 Issue

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DarklightDevice New Member • Posts: 3
R6 Firmware 1.5 Issue

While shooting a concert last night my R6 began displaying a square box both in the viewfinder and on screen inset from the edge of the viewable area when I used eye autofocus. If physically moving the AF point towards an edge the white box is not displaying but the cursor will still not move beyond a now invisible border. I now can't use edge to edge AF points. The box only appears when using eye AF or when the AF point goes near it, it is not displayed until then.

It appears to be dependant on the lens (which would explain why I hadn't noticed the issue until well into the concert). I was using an adapted EF 24-70 f2.8 and 70-200 f2.8 (both mk 1's) when the restricted area kicks in! Strangely I can get full edge to edge AF points when using an adapted EF 16-35 mkII. I'm wondering now if it's actually a drawback to the new firmware?
Incidentally, my EF 50mm f1.4 (a lens as old a design as the mk1's mentioned) works perfectly fine with all screen points covered, edge to edge.
I'd love to know if the new firmware is hindering a previously unrestricted set of lenses?

Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow