Technical Talk in This Forum ... Yes or No?

Started 5 months ago | Polls thread
FDecker Senior Member • Posts: 2,272
How easy it is to misinterpret language

xpatUSA wrote:

jande9 wrote:

Scottelly wrote:

xpatUSA wrote:

Posting as a a Member who is so often at the top of the poster's list and so often talking technically with graphs and numbers instead of just making subjective comment, I realize that that can be irritating to some, if not many, readers.

So in a way, I am asking all Members if people like myself should quit with the technical part of photography?

Just the two options to keep it simple. Opinions without voting are of course welcome.

Ted are you asking if we say Yes to having technical talk in this forum,, or if we want the technical talk to quit? I didn't want to check Yes, because I feared it might mean, Yes, I want you to quit the technical talk." I don't want you to quit at all. I learn stuff from it every now and then, so while it can get tiresome sometimes, I think it's a good thing that we have threads here that include technical talk. If I don't feel like reading it, I can just go look at other threads.

Exactly. I voted yes to keep the tech talk but it looks like Iain voted no, also to keep the tech talk.

I think he meant "yes, please no tech talk". I should have worded the OP better perhaps but too late now - once a poll has been posted, it can't be edited. Reasonable enough, methinks.

Anyways, keep doing what you are doing Ted. There is no need to dumb it down. We Foveon owners are a breed apart (:-)) and are more than capable of deciding what we want to read.

Thank you Jan, you are most kind.

I think it is absolutely clear, Ted. You asked if you (or anyone else) should stop posting technical stuff. So, if one votes with „yes“, one wants no technical stuff in the forum.

Interestingly, a lot of people got it the wrong way (even native speakers). I think this explains why we sometimes have these lengthy discussions here 😀

And, as a funny aspect, you got Iain‘s answer the wrong way yourself. He wants technical stuff to be posted.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow