Color Shift on Epson SureColor P800

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Havanai Regular Member • Posts: 130
Color Shift on Epson SureColor P800

I am writing to ask for some help on a printer-question. I will be exhibiting work in February. The photographs will be a continuation of a project I showed last May. I started printing and it seems my printer has gone “off”. There's been a color-shift.  The images are greener than the output 8 months ago.
I print through Lightroom and I have printing templates set up. So my paper selection, profile used, all of my printer set-up values in total are the same as when I printed in April 2021 for the prior show. I have printed nozzle checks, and though they look good, I have run the clean-nozzle utility. I am at a loss. Do printers “drift” over time? I have an Epson SureColor P800 that’s about 5 years old. I believe it was the successor to their venerable 3880 model.
Someone asked me if I had calibrated my printer. I know about calibrating monitors, but calibrating a printer? Is that a practice? Is that a thing?

Can anyone offer some expertise and how to get back to the way the printer was printing 8 months ago?

-- hide signature --

KK

Havanai's gear list:Havanai's gear list
Leica Q2 Monochrom Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M5 III +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow