Lens Choice for a Quick Tampa FL Trip

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BISCUT Contributing Member • Posts: 554
Lens Choice for a Quick Tampa FL Trip

Every year we have a family football trip to an NFL stadium.  Last year we had tickets to a San Francisco 49er's game but the NFL canceled crowds and we could not go.  We were lucky in December 2020 and were able to get to New Orleans and had a great time.

This year our travel game is Tampa Bay Buck's v. Bills this upcoming Sunday.  To avoid missing as little school as possible, this will be a quick trip!  Arrive Friday before noon and leave Monday at about 2pm.  Everyone will be traveling light, no checked bags.

Itinerary for Friday possibly a few hours on the beach if temps are ok; Cuban section of Tampa for food is a definite!; Saturday most likely Busch Gardens for the day.  I appreciate the hard work and dedication birders have but I am not a bird shooter.  So the 200-500 is staying home!

I'm envisioning some street photos with the kids; some animals and flora in the park; and some landscape shots.

I'm trying to limit myself to Z7 and 2 lenses.  For inside the stadium I will have the Sony RX100 VII.  Great video and pics from this little powerhouse.  I thought I was all set with 14-30 S and 24-70 S but then I remembered the animals in the park and the 70-200 S for reach and well, that lens is simply stunning.  1.4TC so small I'd take that too.  But that gets me out of the realm of traveling light.  I'm considering putting distant animals in the backburner and sticking with 14-30 and 24-70.  Smaller F4 should be a ok in daylight in Florida.

What would you take?

BISCUT's gear list:BISCUT's gear list
Sony RX100 VII Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 +9 more
Nikon Z7 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow