Suggestions on holding camera with right hand only?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mbcrutcher
mbcrutcher Forum Member • Posts: 94
Suggestions on holding camera with right hand only?

I've been fortunate to shoot Leica cameras for nearly 50 years, but age has caught up with me and I need suggestions on how to hold the camera safely with my right hand only, without relying on my left hand.  Traditionally I have held the weight of my M series cameras with my left hand cupped under the camera body. My right hand also supports the camera using the auxiliary body grip.  I use my right hand to focus and press the shutter.

My left hand now has painful arthritis.  I literally cannot support an M series camera with my left hand in the fashion I have described.

Has anyone else found a way to support an M-series camera with just the right hand?  Is there an attachment holding the camera to the hand (so one doesn't drop the camera)?

I use an auxiliary right hand grip on the camera but for me it's not sufficient alone to hold the camera securely.  I can use my left hand to focus, but don't trust it to support the camera.  I have tried wrapping the neck cord around my hand, but it always seems to get loose.

Your suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

mbcrutcher's gear list:mbcrutcher's gear list
Leica Q +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow