Size down: X-Pro2 to X-E4?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PeterLeyssens Senior Member • Posts: 1,649
Size down: X-Pro2 to X-E4?

I've been using an X-Pro2 since 2016. I bought it with the xf 35/f2 and added the Samyang 12/f2 and 55-200. But I notice I take it with me less and less. Which is a shame, because the quality is leagues above my phone (was an S10+, now an iPhone 13Pro), particularly using film modes like Acros. So I'm thinking about changing the system around to make it more portable.

Has anybody gone from an X-Pro2 to an X-E4? Experiences? I'm not using the OVF at all, so I won't miss that. And I love the boxy format without the pentaprism sticking out.

As for lenses, I'd probably get rid of the 12 and 55-200, replacing them with the 18, 27 and possibly a 56. Yeah, 18-27-35 are close together, but the 35/f2 is much better for portraits than the 27/f2.8, which I'd use as the general carry-everywhere lens. The 18/f2 would then be the lens for indoors. The 56, I'm not certain. I don't think I would use it much.

PeterLeyssens's gear list:PeterLeyssens's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR
Fujifilm X-E4 Fujifilm X-Pro2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow