Z6ii 29 min 59 sec video limit - how to continue shooting after this

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
plumberdp69 Contributing Member • Posts: 727
Z6ii 29 min 59 sec video limit - how to continue shooting after this

A. While searching on the web for an answer so that I can continue to shoot video after reaching the 29 mins 59 sec limit, found this -

"Most entry-level DSLR cameras have a recording limit of 29:59s.

This means if your podcast or maybe your talk is longer than 30 minutes, you won't capture anything pass the 30-minute mark unless you have a cameraman operating the camera.

This is because once a DSLR records past 30 minutes, it is considered a video camera and has higher tax laws.

If you aren't on a budget there are DSLR's out there that don't have this recording limit such as the Panasonic GH4 and GH5. But they start at around $2000 - $2500."

I thought the time limit is technical (too much heat generated). The time limit is really tax related?

B. I have not reached 30 mins of video yet. Like to know how can I continue to record. Just press the record button?

If tax is the reason behind the 30 mins limit, maybe some can hack the FW to allow longer video recording!

Thanks.

plumberdp69's gear list:plumberdp69's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z 24-200mm F4-6.3 VR
Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow