Samyang 24/1.8 AND Sony 16-35GM on A7R4?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DJDream Regular Member • Posts: 255
Samyang 24/1.8 AND Sony 16-35GM on A7R4?

Hi guys,

I have a little dilemma and I would like to ask your opinion.

I am using a  Sony 16-35GM lens os on my A7R4 camera about 70% of the time. I like it a lot but for portrait /group pictures is not as sharp as my Samyang 85mm f/1.4 prime. 
The 16-35GM is outstanding for nature trips, city environments and architecture but I can't reach the same "WOW" factor that I'm getting from it outdoors, by using it indoors for family events pictures for example, generally because it isn't as sharp for this kind of pictures as the Samyang prime I mentioned - 85mm /f1.4. 
Because of the limited indoors space, the Samyang 85mm usage is very limiting also indoors. I can make one or two persons pictures but it is impossible to create with it pictures of a group in a small room. From this reason I'm considering to add a fast prime lens for such indoors group of people pictures and also for using it outdoors in low light situations as supplement to the 16-35 GM lens. 
I've read many reviews regarding how sharp the new Samyang 24mm f/1.8 (especially compared with Sony 24GM) is so I'm considering buying it for the reasons above. Do you think that a such wide lens could give me good single/group portraits pictures or should I choose a larger length lens like the 35mm f/1.8 or even 35mm f1/4 for it?  
There is anyne who own the both lens and can mention his  opinion of the sharpness of Samyang 24 f/1.8 compared with 16-35GM? 
I am considering to check also the astro-photography soon, and I think that the Samyang 24/f.1.8 could be a good entry lens for this area as well.

Tnx in advance

DJDream's gear list:DJDream's gear list
Samyang AF 85mm F1.4 FE
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow