X raw studio really slow

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
bs1946
bs1946 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,534
Re: X raw studio really slow

Capture One, SilkyPix, and even the evil empire of Adobe have Fujifilm Simulations, but while they're close, they're not exactly the same.

X-Raw Studio is slow because you are starting with RAFs that have already been downloaded to your computer. Then X-Raw Studio establishes a connection back to your camera via a USB cable and when you select the RAF you want work on, X-Raw Studio uploads the RAF back to your camera, opens it in the in-camera raw converter and lets you use your mouse and keyboard to control the in-camera raw converter. Then when you save the jpeg, X-Raw Studio downloads the RAF and JPEG back over the same USB connection.

Long before someone at Fuji came us with X-Raw Studio, I would hook X-E1 to my monitor with an HDMI cable. As soon as I select Preview, the LCD output is rerouted to my monitor and the LCD goes black. I then select an image and use the in-camera raw converter to create and save the jpegs I want. Still have to use the camera's controls for everything but its a lot faster than using X-Raw Studio or a third-party raw converter.

Or just use the custom settings and shoot jpegs; fastest of all...

-- hide signature --

Bill S.
www.flickr.com/photos/wrs1946
“Blend in with the people and have as little equipment as possible”
- Alfred Eisenstaedt -

bs1946's gear list:bs1946's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Voigtlander 35mm F2.5 Color Skopar Voigtlander 50mm F1.5 Nokton Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max Carl Zeiss Planar T* 2/50 ZM
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow