Moving from Canon to X-t3--lens suggestions for Fuji

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
buckeyevet
buckeyevet Regular Member • Posts: 100
Moving from Canon to X-t3--lens suggestions for Fuji

I am 100% amateur photographer.  I primarily shoot every day family life and landscapes.  I love to travel and love having my camera with me on those travels.  Over the years I've been all Canon, all the time.  I made my way through the 2nd gen Rebel, to the 60d, and eventually to what I thought was my Holy Grail...the 5D Mark iii.  I have a EF L 24-70 f2.8, a nifty fifty and a shorty 40.  All these amazing things stay in my camera bag more than I want to admit because they are heavy, bulky, and sometimes too futzy to use.

After renting a Fuji x-t3 and x-t4, I'm in love with the x-t3.  It brings me back to the days of shooting my old film rebel, plus it's lightweight, not overly complicated, and I'm blown away by the color reproduction.

I've made the camera body decision, and have read reviews of way too many lenses.  I know the 18-55 f2.8-4 gets good reviews for a kit lens.  I loved the image quality I took  with the rented 16-55 f2.8 WR.

What's my point?  I'd like to hear the opinions of real users as to what lens for the x-t3 they love and why.  I'm hoping to use this to help make my mind up on my first lens...and form a wish list for lenses down the road.

Thanks in advance!

-- hide signature --

Jennifer

buckeyevet's gear list:buckeyevet's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +1 more
Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow