Fuji XT2 body with new lense (23mm 1.4 WR)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AndyFX New Member • Posts: 10
Fuji XT2 body with new lense (23mm 1.4 WR)

Hi All,

I have been an avid Fuji XT2 owner over the last 4 years and I chose the fuji 23mm f2.0 prime lense as I wanted a highly compact unit to capture street-photography/landscape shots in my travelling adventures.

My lifestyle has changed since, and I am now mostly taking photos of my active toddler, so looking to upgrade my setup, and get some opinions from this board.

A lense that is compact is no longer my highest priority and now I am looking at getting a faster lense (for low light indoor shots of my toddler) with a focus on image quality/sharpness.

I am considering upgrading my setup and currently where I'm leaning is:

- Sticking with my XT2 body and getting the new 23mm 1.4 WR (Mark II) lense for a faster and sharper lense to replace my 23mm f2.0.

The other alternatives which I have considered are:

- Upgrading my body from XT2 to an XT3, XT4 or Pro version of the Fuji APSC series.

or

- Jumping to a new ecosystem altogether - Sony or go Full frame. I love the manual/old school retro controls of the fuji and the smaller body/lenses that go with a apsc sensor, so this is the least of my preference.

I haven't kept up to date with the latest developments of mirroless cameras and the Fuji products so I thought I will ask the community what your thoughts were in upgrading my setup.

What would you do if you were in my position and on what basis?

Cheers,

Andy

Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow