:-)) Sunday Cat! #738 December 5, 2021 ((-:

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
rodriguezPhoto
OP rodriguezPhoto Veteran Member • Posts: 3,863
Re: In profile

DRB in NM wrote:

He looks so regal and dignified.

Yes, that seems to be his approach to life.  Maybe it's because he's always wearing a tuxedo. 

And your 135 seems very sharp:-) I have an old film Oly 100/F2 that a friend gave me that's fun to play around with. It's shown to be very sharp with no fringing (for a legacy lens) the few times I've used it. I think I'll need to get it out and practice my manual focusing:-D

I finally got around to doing a proper micro focus adjustment with the lens.  It makes all the difference on my 6D.  The Olympus 100 f/2 looks to be highly regarded, for the reasons you mention.  (The price for a used one today also speaks to that!)   I am always amazed by the latest m43 lenses, but I also love the feel and flavor of film era lenses, of which the 135L f/2 is one, having been introduced in 1996.  I have tried MF lenses on m43 (I have a lot of Pentax lenses, Olympus was more than I could afford then!) but I've conceded that a camera's autofocus usually does a better job of focusing than I do.

-- hide signature --

~~~ Kim

rodriguezPhoto's gear list:rodriguezPhoto's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Canon EOS 6D Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II +49 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow