Thom got a Z9 to test

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ProDude Senior Member • Posts: 3,225
Re: Thom got a Z9 to test

Kharan wrote:

Say, even if a potential Canon R1 were announced in mid-2022, it’d probably be available only in 2023, considering how screwed up everything is. That kind of wait can and often does drive people to consider whatever’s available, and by then I expect the Z9 to be sitting all pretty in inventory.

This I can agree with. I do believe that by June-July the availability to have a Z9 in hand pretty quickly will be more a reality. The announcement of a R1 will come mid late next year and as you say won't likely be available in any manner till 1st Quarter of 2023 at best. Not to mention it will likely carry a $7000+ price tag. I personally don't believe it will in any way blow a Z9 away in any real regard. I do believe 2022 is going to be Nikon's year for not just the Z9 but for new lenses and announcements of new camera and lens models forthcoming. It should be 2005 all over again for them which has been long in coming.

-- hide signature --

Name the gear and I've probably owned it and used it.

ProDude's gear list:ProDude's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM Art Sigma 105mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Canon RF 24-70mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM +19 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
xtm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow