Problems setting up PRO-300

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mrswitters Regular Member • Posts: 339
Problems setting up PRO-300

I just received my new PRO-300. I went through the installation process, selected the Canon PRO-300 Bonjour in the driver interface, and then "Canon PRO-300 Series" from the drop-down menu.

But when I look at the printer in "Printers & Scanners", the name of the driver installed is "Canon PRO-300 Series-Airprint". Does that mean I installed the AirPrint version? I know I'm not supposed to do that. My Canon PRO-100 printer shows "Canon PRO-100 Series", and doesn't include "AirPrint".

When I click on "Options and Supplies", this is what I see:

This makes me think the driver is installed correctly because it shows the Canon PRO-300 Series driver 3.0.

But when I go to print, I don't see all of the options that I think I'm supposed to see for the Canon PRO-300:

For example, there is no "Color Options" choice where I would configure settings for B&W printing, as documented in Keith's review of the PRO-300 on Northlight .

What am I doing wrong?

I have a PRO-100 installed on the same computer and it works perfectly.

Canon Pixma Pro-100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow