Z6II: Lens-dilemma for photo-job

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
powerbook Regular Member • Posts: 478
Z6II: Lens-dilemma for photo-job

Hi,

I usually do not shoot pictures of people as I think it requires certain skills with Photoshop. I always find I have a hard time with people and image editing. I have the adobe Creative package and mostly use Photoshop and not Lightroom.

I have to shoot some pictures of a family consisting of two adults and two small children of 2 and 5 years old. The image must be enlarged up to approx. 50x70 cm but should only be hung in the family home and otherwise not used for anything. I do not get paid for the photo work as it is friends.

I am in a dilemma about which lens I should use. I have Z6II and various lenses (see below). Of the ones I have, I have to choose between 70-200 / 2.8 VRII + FTZ or Z 50 / 1.8

Thinking I might want to use 70-200 at 150-200 mm and f4.5 or maybe Z 50 on the same aperture f4.5

I always thought the Z 50 / f1.8 is super sharp and before I got this lens I think the 70-200 has been extremely sharp. Both have good contrast I think.

Thinking 70-200 for portrait it will be more flexible and maybe provide better bokeh. But think the Z 50 seems sharper.

What might be the best solution for this stand-alone "job"?

powerbook's gear list:powerbook's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow