KUVRD lens hood: Boy, am I a sucker

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
(unknown member) Contributing Member • Posts: 987
KUVRD lens hood: Boy, am I a sucker

KUVRD just had a special "50% off everything" sale. I decided (on impulse, of course) that I could use a KUVRD "fits all lenses" lens hood in certain situations on a tele lens with a 95mm filter size, since after all, the company claims that the hood will fit all lenses up to 112mm filter size.

I received the lens hood. It's really flimsy and floppy, but I figured if it actually functions as a lens hood in the field, that's ok. To get it to fit a 95mm diameter lens required some heroic stretching and cursing, but I got it on. Then I realized that the thing is a complete joke. Placed on a lens with a wide diameter, it looks kind of like an hourglass. The outer opening is wide, and the base of the hood is stretched to fit the lens, but the middle of the hood is narrower than either end. The thing is useless!

It appears that the thing might work ok for lenses that are way, way smaller than 95mm, but for lenses with very large diameter filter sizes, no way.

Am I missing something?  If yes, someone please help me out here. If not, then this is a warning to others not to be suckered.

Doug Greenberg

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow