Photoshop CS6 -> 'latest' ...What changes of note? [Mac]

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Keith Cooper
Keith Cooper Senior Member • Posts: 2,938
Photoshop CS6 -> 'latest' ...What changes of note? [Mac]

My trusty old Mac Pro effectively died, so I moved up to a newer faster one with a much faster graphics card and more memory.

I also moved to 10.15, killing off a lot of old software [not entirely, there are ways round this]  One reason for the update is that there have been recent updates/releases of software that I've got copies of, but not been able to test fully (DxO PhotoLab 5 for example).

So I've also moved on to the latest version of Photoshop, up from CS6. I'm using Bridge and Camera RAW (Lightroom remains an un-downloaded option - I really have no desire to go anywhere near it)

I was mightily pleased that not too many of my familiar tools had moved or changed in any significant way, however, I'm very aware of the fact that since I've been using Photoshop for over 25 years, there is probably new stuff, or extra options I'm not seeing

So...

For photography and print workflows, are there any new/old things the latest Photoshop/CameraRAW improves/changes/adds which you feel make a real improvement? [compared to CS6]

-- hide signature --

bye for now
Keith Cooper

Keith Cooper's gear list:Keith Cooper's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow