I like olympus gear but might have to change systems.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Brendan62 New Member • Posts: 18
I like olympus gear but might have to change systems.

Hi

I like my olympus gear it works well for what i do.

But i have a problem a few years ago my tripod fell over with the em1 m2 and 12-100 f4 pro on it and it damaged the mount on the lens.    I sent it in to Olympus here in Japan where i live and they replaced the lens mount  and i had to pay alot of money but it was my fault so all good i paid. When i got the lens back the mount was missing screws so had to send it back again which was very annoying as i wanted it for work.   Then when i received it back the 2nd time it appeared to be all good, then later while using it i discovered the IBIS no longer worked with this lens but i needed it for work so was about 6 or more months before i could send it in again to get fixed again and they charged me another 22,000yen ($240ish maybe) again...    Then when i got it back i tested the IBIS and still it does not work but at the same time COVID arrived and i had to go back to New Zealand for the last 1.5 years, i could have sent in to get fixed in NZ but would been charged again so waited to get back to Japan and now i went to finally get it fixed but because was so long ago they still want to change me again and i am super annoyed to pay lots of money for a 3rd time to get fixed and i have not much confidence they will actually fix it.....

I don't really want to switch systems as i like it and it suits my needs but as i am using my camera gear more and more for work i need gear i can rely on especially when paying for such expensive equipment so maybe time to go to Fuji or something else.  Hmmm i don't really know, what would you guys do?

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow