Can anyone identify this lens/mount? Navitar Raptar 24mm F2.8

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
OP rkc Forum Member • Posts: 68
Re: Can anyone identify this lens/mount? Navitar Raptar 24mm F2.8

FrancoD wrote:

As I wrote, something about that Nikon style lens lock and then the Nikon reference from the OP reminded me think that there was a Nikon inspired line of cameras made in China . I don't remember when I came across that but was not something recent, so I had to keep looking at possible links to find it.

So I suspect that the lens is exactly the same as the Seagull MD mount version but with that odd variant.

I have not been able to find a name for that mount.

BTW , this is the Seagull branded one (scroll down) :

https://diediemustdive.wordpress.com/2019/08/10/the-chinese-biotar-haiou-64-%E6%B5%B7%E9%B8%A5-58mm-f-2-sr/

BTW, the name Seagull was used by several factories that operated around Shanghai. I think that at some point the Government merge them but I am not sure of that.

Fascinating and great research!

My lens certainly does look a lot like the Seagull 24mm/2.8 pictured in that article you link - albeit with a different nameplate.

The mount is definitely not MD with just a modified lens lock though - I compared with a Minolta MD lens and the geometry is completely different. A Chinese Nikon-inspired mount that didn't quite get the dimensions 100% identical seems the most likely.

-- hide signature --

Richard

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rkc
rkc
rkc
rkc
rkc
rkc
rkc
rkc
rkc
rkc
rkc
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow