A day in an autumn forest with the X-T4 and the Laowa 65 mm f/2.8 APO

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rightsaidfred
Rightsaidfred Senior Member • Posts: 1,439
A day in an autumn forest with the X-T4 and the Laowa 65 mm f/2.8 APO

Dear forum members

I've had my Laowa 65 mm f/2.8 APO Ultra Macro since April 2020. I had shared my first photos with it.

I am really happy with this lens. It is very sharp, very small, very lightweight. I also used it for portraiture but I cannot share the images.

Here I'm sharing photos I took when I was in a nearby autumn forest. C&C welcome.

They were all done with my X-T4. IBIS was mostly not needed and is of limited value when there is a little wind. But I did not switch IBIS off. Of course I selected the right fl.

The images are OOC or processed with darktable. Film sims are Classic Chrome and Astia. This is my darktable workflow to provide a decent baseline (no idea why that thread got locked). I am on Linux.

160 ISO, 1/850 s. OOC.

160 ISO, 1/750 s. OOC. Low key.

160 ISO, 1/60 s. Processed with darktable.

160 ISO, 1/250 s. Processed with darktable.

640 ISO, 1/250 s. OOC.

160 ISO, 1/500 s. OOC.

400 ISO, 1/250 s. Processed with darktable.

160 ISO, 1/2500 s. Processed with darktable.

160 ISO, 1/680 s. OOC.Focus was on that more prominent leaf in front of the trunk.

2500 ISO, 1/500 s. Not a perfect stack, more a coincidence that I got suitable handheld photos for stacking (it was not planned to stack). Stacked with Zerene from five handheld frames that were before processed with darktable. Traces from Stigmella tityrella (Stainton 1854) on a beech leaf.

Regards,

Martin

Rightsaidfred's gear list:Rightsaidfred's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +6 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow