Has Anyone Ever Used the High Island Photo Blind during migration?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
A c M Contributing Member • Posts: 565
Re: Has Anyone Ever Used the High Island Photo Blind during migration?
1

Doug Greenberg wrote:

This is one of those questions that 99% of forum readers will ignore. It's the other 1% I am counting on here :-). I will be going to High Island in Texas in mid-April. I will be there by myself for a few days and then will return with a birding tour group a few days later. I understand that, as with other migrant trap sites, there is much variation from day to day (and year to year) in the number of birds that are present. That said, is it worth it to reserve some time in the photo blind at Boy Scout Woods? Has anyone done this?

Doug Greenberg, Berkeley, California

I have been to High Island several times but have never used the photo blind. However, if you find yourself in that area on a slow day for migrants, be sure to check out the rookery at Smith Oaks Sanctuary. It should be rockin' and rollin' that time of year. I don't think you will regret it.

 A c M's gear list:A c M's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow