Strange behavior with z7's live histogram

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
andrew ilachinski
andrew ilachinski New Member • Posts: 5
Strange behavior with z7's live histogram

Hi everyone, I'm new to the z7 (and to posting here in general, though have "lurked" for close to 20 years). My (brand new) z7 seems to have a strange/unexpected (by be., at least) behavior with its histogram - both in the evf and liveview (set to be the same). Example - in A-mode, I focus somewhere, and the z7 gives the proper/nominal exposure (matrix metering, but that part doesn't matter). When I go to over/underexpose by changing the speed (aperture fixed, of course), I *expect* to see both the exposure and histogram to reflect the compensation being dialed in. Here's my issue: while the indicated speed is always correctly updated (as it should be), the histogram *sometimes* reflects this new exposure and sometimes not (about 50/50). There appears to be no pattern: different lighting conditions, different patterns/textures. Moreover, for the times that the histogram does NOT reflect the dialed-in exposure compensation, the actual shot IS correctly overexposed (with a resulting histogram vastly different from what I see either in the evf or liveview). The camera is doing what it should, but (in 50%) of the cases, I'm NOT seeing it reflected in the live histogram. Clearly some setting is kooky (it's not an auto-ISO; that's fixed throughout), but I'm in the dark (no pun) about what's really going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow