Gear Traded - How did I do?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Cossio
Cossio Regular Member • Posts: 132
Gear Traded - How did I do?

Let me start of by saying I’ve accumulated a lot of Fuji gear over the years. All in great condition well protected and taken care off. 
recently picked up a used XT4 with a shutter count under 4500 upgrade from the XT2. I had several overlapping focal lengths and some lenses I never used.

my most recent acquisition was the purchase of the 90mm F2 and boy that lens is a monster.

the gear I sold to a local camera shop in Miami.

XT2 (10,500 shutter count)

XF 16mm F2.8 (Fujicron)

XF 18-55 Kit lens

XF 35mm F2 (Fujicron)

XF 35mm F.1.4 (magical I guess)

XF 56mm F1.2

Viltrox 56mm F1.4

Rokinon 85mm F1.8 (manual lens)

sold all of that gear for roughly $1800 and what I did was purchase the new 18mm and 33mm F1.4. So all I did was pay taxes on the new lenses.

here is what I realized. 70% of my shots are 35mm Focal length. I barely used any of the 16mm or 18-55 kit lens. I was always looking for a portrait lens and the 56mm was “Ehh alright” for me. The 1.2 aperture I could never get tack sharp eyes even at a distance. And then I tried the 90mm and that was the look and feel I was going for. So I’m super pleased with the 90 it’s an amazing lens. (Also to mention the 56mm I had was a used unit and it had plenty of dust particles within the lens and elements both front and rear) none of this was evident or messing up photos and the aperture ring had a malfunction. Once I turned it past 1.8 it was 1 click off example the physical ring set at 4.0 aperture was giving me a reading of 3.6 on the camera so it was a 1 click difference.

the magical 35mm F1.4 love hate relationship. I live in sunny florida where I do a lot of outdoor shots and I couldn’t stand the purple and green fringing wide open.  Even on the subjects faces it was hard to fully get rid of it in post.

So the end result for my gear and consolidation is:

XT4 body

XF18mm F1.4 for the not too wide shots

x100V with 23mm F2 well rounded and my deserted island camera

XF 33mm F1.4 indoor flash set up and outside and good street photography FOV

I kept my XF 50mm F2 Fujicron when I was the extra reach but light and tack sharp

XF 90mm F2 bokeh portrait monster .

so did I do okay with the trade and value I got? Did I get severely screwed over? My reasoning was I wanted to save time, YES I could possibly make a little more selling them off individually on eBay or OfferUp but that would take long, and just wanted to shrink down my kit. How did I do team?

Cossio's gear list:Cossio's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR +4 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R APD
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow