Thom got a Z9 to test

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ProDude Senior Member • Posts: 3,223
Re: Thom got a Z9 to test

jfriend00 wrote:

You definitely exaggerate here. This product appears to be good enough that people who want it will wait a few more months for it if that's what it takes. Don't get me wrong, the sooner Nikon can start shipping, the more total sales they will create with it just due to the total selling time before it is bested by some future camera, but this camera isn't going to suddenly be surpassed and out-of-date two months from now if that's how long it takes to get volume to the market.

I'm personally happy to see Nikon finally doing real marketing in the channels that many of their enthusiasts hang out. I think Nikon's been getting their clocks cleaned in marketing for years so it's about time they upped their game in that regard. And, what better product to do that with than one that seems to be a winner and a nice flagship for the brand.

We get to find out in only 2 more weeks how this is going to shake down. I'm not saying there won't be many more than willing to wait a few months to get their hands on it. What I'm saying is if what Canon has had happen to them now announcing the 6 month wait for a R3 happened to Nikon it would NOT go well. Canon is planning to announce their R1 next summer with delivery possible before years end. If that happened like I said to Nikon the R1 could steal their thunder a bit. What I'm hoping for for Nikon's sake is they have Thailand ramped up to the point that a 1-3 month wait would be the worst-case scenario for delivery of a Z9 to a customer. Anything beyond that and the fire starts to burn out.

-- hide signature --

Name the gear and I've probably owned it and used it.

ProDude's gear list:ProDude's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM Art Sigma 105mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Canon RF 24-70mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM +19 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
xtm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow