Thom got a Z9 to test

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
shuncheung Veteran Member • Posts: 3,917
Re: Thom got a Z9 to test

ProDude wrote:

I'm still waiting for ONE reviewer of the dozen's I've seen to say a negative word about their experience using the Z9 in ALL regards be it photo or video. So far all I've seen is praise and not one criticism of any function failing or lack there of. This is an exceptional result so far.

Keep in mind that whoever already has a pre-production Z9 for testing received it directly from Nikon as a favor, be it before the official announcement on October 28 or right now, such as Brad Hill and Thom Hogan. For those YouTube influencers, that means a lot of hits on their video and therefore plenty of income. If they slam the Z9, they might as well kiss their favorable relationship with Nikon goodbye. Next time when Nikon introduce the Z9 Mark II or Z8, etc., you can forget about Nikon offering them another pre-production camera again. Who is so stupid to bite the hand that feeds them?

That is why nobody should be surprised that some of those who used to constantly bad-mouth Nikon products before still received pre-production Z9, and all of a sudden they have favorable comments on the Z9 this time around.

Over a decade ago, I used to proof-read a few of Thom Hogan Nikon e-Books. When I mentioned to a Nikon contact that I worked with Hogan, his reaction was that oh no, not that Hogan rumor guy. However, it looks like their relationship has improved.

I have not pre-ordered the Z9 myself. While I have little doubt that it is a great camera, I would like to see a few reviews from people who actually pay for their production models. Hopefully I'll see some more-balanced reviews, with both the pros and cons.

shuncheung's gear list:shuncheung's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z9 Nikon 500mm F5.6E PF Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
xtm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow