Q2 vs 28 Summicron ASPH v1 vs 28 Summilux (NSFW)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Alan Sy New Member • Posts: 15
Q2 vs 28 Summicron ASPH v1 vs 28 Summilux (NSFW)

I've been seeing a lot of people debating the Q2 and asking for comparisons to M-mount 28mm lenses, and I finally had a chance to take some test shots to help make these comparisons for everyone.

All images below were shot on a tripod and imported to Lightroom with their white balance picked on the wall right above the model's head. The Q2 also seemed to meter a little higher exposure than the M10-R so I lowered the Q2 shots by a half stop to make them all look similar. Edit: Looks like the Q2 had exposure comp set at +0.6EV.

At f/2, the 28 Summilux is the sharpest with the Q2 following close behind and the Summicron an obvious third, which is somewhat expected since the Summilux and Q2 are stopped down while the Summicron is wide open.

At f/4, I'm actually surprised that, to my eye, the Q2 looks the sharpest with the Summilux/Summicron lagging behind while also being pretty imperceptible from each other.

Another thing to note is that it's very clear that the Q2 is wider than its rated 28mm. People say it's more like 25mm, and this confirms it.

Curious to hear if ya'll make the same conclusions as me based on these + based on your own experiences.

M10-R + 28mm Summicron ASPH v1 @ f/2

M10-R + 28mm Summilux @ f/2

Q2 @ f/2

M10-R + Summicron @f/4

M10-R + Summilux @f/4

Q2 @f/4

I also did the same test across the 50mm lenses I have. Let me know if you guys want to see that. I compared the 50mm TTArtisan 0.95, Voigtlander APO, Summicron, Summilux, and Noctilux.

-- hide signature --

www.instagram.com/alansighs

Alan Sy's gear list:Alan Sy's gear list
Leica Q2 Leica M10 Sony a7R III Leica Summicron-M 28mm f/2 ASPH Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow