PhotoMechanic & ACR/PS

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sirhawkeye64 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,362
PhotoMechanic & ACR/PS

So in the quest to find a good photo library organization system (currently using Bridge but looking at alternatives) I decided to try PhotoMechanic.

I have it set up so that when I select "Edit In" it opens Photoshop (and thus ACR) for my RAW files (which are Nikon NEF and Fuji RAF).

One thing I noticed doing this, is that when I'm done with ACR making edits (but don't go into Photoshop and rather just click Done instead of Open) it doesn't seem that ACR saves the edits to the CameraRAW database or XMP file (I have CameraRAW set up to write to XMP files).  I do have PM set up so when I asked it to edit a RAW file it opens PS, which causes the ACR dialog to show up (which in some cases, is what I want, I don't always need to go into Photoshop itself).

I'm not sure if this is a PhotoMechanic issue or ACR issue. I'm not sure if it's related to Bridge not being used (where you can usually set the ACR settings from the Bridge interface by accessing Camera RAW Preferences from the menu and configuring it how you want).

Thoughts on why ACR isn't saving the edits? So far it's been just tests so I haven't actually lost any work, but it is of concern because I was hoping to use PM in place of Bridge.

-- hide signature --

(NOTE: If I don't reply to a direct comment in the forums, it's likely I unsubscribed from the thread.)

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z7 II GoPro Hero8 Black Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4 +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow