Suggestion for Canon SX40 Replacement

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Jayster18 New Member • Posts: 12
Re: Suggestion for Canon SX40 Replacement

Ontarian wrote:

Bought the RX10 iv about three months ago and have never used the digital zoom , but have on a previous Canon P&S. Found the IQ quickly deteriorated using it.

1. Have not tried macros but have seen posts showing excellent results with the RX10.
  2. Spent 3-4 months exploring the options from APSC though M4/3 to bridge cameras, and decided the RX10 iv best met my needs concerning weight, flexibility, focal length, IQ and control options. It was above my anticipated budget, but I know I would not have been satisfied with less expensive options .

I am completely satisfied with the RX10. Now just need to learn how to get the best out of it, and hone my skills.

Don

Thanks, Don.  One of my concerns has been the weight and size of the camera.  I want something that I can fit into a carry-on  for plane travel (certainly don't want to check a $1,500+ camera in my luggage) without cause the carry-on bag to be too heavy or bulky.  I also want something that will be easy to carry all day long and on long walks.  With that in mind, how have you found the RX10 iv's size and weight?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rsn
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow