Another mystery mount

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Brian Chichester
Brian Chichester Contributing Member • Posts: 728
Another mystery mount

I recently bought a Tele-Tokina 200mm lens on the big auction site; I believed it to be a T-mount lens on the photo evidence, though I didn't recognise the mount. (The seller didn't know – he was a house clearance dealer.). However, when I got it in my hands I discovered that it was an interchangeable mount, but it was the Tokina version of the T-mount – very similar but with a larger thread diameter on the lens barrel. Some of you may have encountered this.

It's possible to fit a normal T-mount to the lens by discarding the inner sleeve of the T-mount and screwing the grub screws of the outer section directly into the threads on the lens barrel. I have used an M42 mount. The register distance is close enough that the lens will focus on infinity at about the 200 ft mark on the distance scale. (So I can go beyond infinity if I want!) This seems like a solid and secure fix but I may epoxy it if I notice any play.

The lens is in almost as-new condition and the image quality is excellent – I may post some pics when I get round to it – but the subject of this post is the mount that I removed.

It is a bayonet type that I have never seen before and is engraved with the letters PV. Here are the pictures. I'm putting this before the most knowledgeable audience that I can think of, in hopes that someone can tell me what it is.

Brian Chichester's gear list:Brian Chichester's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Nikon 1 V2 Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow