Fuji 200 F/2 and Hummingbirds

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bobby V
Bobby V Senior Member • Posts: 1,303
Fuji 200 F/2 and Hummingbirds

Hi all,

I just got back from a trip where I almost exclusively used the Fuji 200 F/2 on the X-T4 and Olympus 150-400 on the E-M1X. Both amazing optics but also vastly different. I was interested to see which areas each of these would excel, and unsurprisingly, the X-T4 paired with this lens proved most useful for those low light situations with fast action. I found it particularly useful for hummingbirds in flight, mostly using it with the teleconverter. However, I did take the teleconverter off at one point when it was raining not expecting much with tiny hummingbirds, and I was still blown away by the clarity and rendering of distant subjects, and I think it provides an unusual/atmospheric look that I couldn't possibly get with another lens (6th or so photo below). How great the 200 F/2 is makes me scratch my head why the full frame marques continue to ignore the 300 F/2.8 optic which this lens more or less approximates.

At times I also used it with the EF-X500 providing fill flash (including in the rain) and it continued to work flawlessly. I was using it on an extension bracket I fashioned out of a magic arm and tripod plate. In hindsight, I would have liked to have used an additional off-camera fill flash to stop the wing blur, maybe next time.

I am working on some field notes about use of the X-T4 with settings used/etc. that I hope to post on my website when I get the chance. C&C welcome

-- hide signature --
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow