High ISO Nikon Z6ii, FTZ adapter, and Sigma 300mm thoughts

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
clmartin22
clmartin22 Forum Member • Posts: 61
High ISO Nikon Z6ii, FTZ adapter, and Sigma 300mm thoughts

Coming from a D500 and switching to the Z6ii has been interesting.  The lack of a 300mm native Z lens has been a challenge, but in all honesty I can live with the FTZ adapter.  Sure the focus can be a little slow going from up to close to far away, but other than that the image quality is still very good, IMO.  Shooting high school soccer is challenging with poor lighting and the inconsistencies of the lighting around the field, but it can be done.  Here are some 12800 and 16000 ISO shots from last night, you can definitely tell which ones had the better lighting in the middle of the field, but most of these kids just want to post pictures to Instagram so the noise really never shows.  Feel free to give me your critique, I can only help me get better.

clmartin22's gear list:clmartin22's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Nikon D500 Nikon Z6 II Sigma 300mm F2.8 APO EX DG HSM Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +14 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Nikon Z6 II Sigma 300mm F2.8 APO EX DG HSM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow