Can anyone identify this lens/mount? Navitar Raptar 24mm F2.8

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
OP rkc Forum Member • Posts: 68
Re: Can anyone identify this lens/mount? Navitar Raptar 24mm F2.8

Heritage Cameras wrote:

rkc wrote:

Thanks. Some more pictures (I never realized how hard it is to get a photo of a lens that shows detail of the bayonet!)

The serial number format - SB-00333 6 - is a little unusual, perhaps that is a clue!

I have compared the mount and/or offered it up to a camera or adaptor to the following:
Minolta MD, Canon FD/EOS/RF, Nikon, OM, Praktica bayonet, Contax/Yashica, Pentax K, Konica AR, Exacta
But it's not like any of them. Size-wise it was closest to the Nikon in terms of flange diameter.

Flange distance seems to be a mm or two longer than canon EOS, based on being able to get infinity focus, but shorter than Nikon.

Richard

The plot thickens... that serial number seems to confirm my guess that it's a Seagull lens. Here's a thread stating that the standard lens on a Seagull DF-300X uses the same format:

http://forum.mflenses.com/seagull-df-300x-t52314.html

That lens barrel is clearly designed for Minolta MD – the two coupling tabs on the rear of the aperture ring are a dead giveaway. The mount obviously isn't MD, and looking at the picture above from the rear it seems as though the diaphragm pin has been shortened so that it doesn't protrude beyond the mount. This makes me think that this is a modification, and the bayonet has been replaced in a similar fashion to the Leitax types.

Perhaps it's Minolta AF/Sony A-mount?

It won't fit on a Minolta AF 5000 body so I don't think so. Comparing it against a Nikkor 28mm from the same source, the mount bayonet looks visually identical, right down to the sizes of the lugs, the location of the stop screw (suggesting that it turns "backwards" to mount, and the position of the locking slot. But while it will fit into a Nikon camera it won't turn to the locking position as the lugs are too "tight" - plus the flange distance seems wrong when held in place on a Nikon.

Perhaps as you say it's a modification (to Nikon mount), but not a very good one!

-- hide signature --

Richard

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rkc
rkc
rkc
rkc
rkc
rkc
rkc
rkc
rkc
rkc
rkc
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow