Disable Aperture Ring on (GM) lenses

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CowZ Junior Member • Posts: 35
Disable Aperture Ring on (GM) lenses

Hi all,

while I do understand that having a (de-clickable) aperture ring is super cool for videographers, I hate it as a purely stills photographer. Wearing my camera very often dangling next to my hip, it from time to time happens that I accidentally move the ring from A to 22. Of course, the next few photos are really bad until I realise what happens.

As I have exactly no use-case for this aperture ring: Is there any way to disable it? I am even thinking about gluing it down but this might be bad for sales in a few years... Is there any (3d printed?) part that I can put around the ring as a sort of cover?

I am really loving the GM lenses, but I am heavily considering to buy the 35mm 1.8 instead of the 1.4GM due to the "lack" of aperture ring...

Kind regards,
Lasse

PS: If useful, my question specifically targets the 35GM and the 135GM on an a1.

ANSWER:
Sony a1 Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM Sony FE 35mm F1.4 GM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow