Why Matte Paper?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DeSch Forum Member • Posts: 54
Why Matte Paper?

I'm an amateur photographer and I've been printing for a number of years now on a series of Epson printers (currently a Sure Color P600).  I print travel shots, landscapes, some wildlife and macro.   I used to use Photoshop but I've mostly switched to Lightroom.

I mostly print on luster papers, but if I have something with particularly punchy colors (e.g. hot air balloons), I might print it on glossy paper.

But I've never been happy using matte papers.  The colors are diluted and images don't have the sharp look of other papers.

Actually, now that I think of it, I do have one print on matte paper that I really like.  It's a tree full of pink blossoms.  There are so many, that from a normal viewing distance you can't even make out the individual flowers.  On matte paper, it sort of has the feeling of a painting that I like.

Other than that, I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or there's a use case for matte papers that I'm just not aware of.

What are all of you using matte and fine art papers for?

Thanks in advance.

Dennis

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow