Considering moving to Z9 - What lenses to consider?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Steve W Veteran Member • Posts: 5,955
Considering moving to Z9 - What lenses to consider?

Currently a Sony & Canon user that knows those lenses real well that I have for my Sony A1/A7R IV and Canon EOS R5. I am finally considering a switch to Nikon with the Z9 that I have decided to pre-order. Key question is which lenses to consider for event work but more importantly wildlife. I know there is a new 100-400 coming and the 24-120 but really have not seen an article that does a good job rating the lenses native to the Mirrorless mount that are best. If wildlife and events does pan out I would also want to consider others more targeted at other usages that the Z9 will be good at. Do know I will also pick up either the 50/1,8 or 35/1.8 that I hear are excellent image quality even though they are not 1.4 or even 1.2.

for awhile I will shoot it alongside my other systems as I learn it but if it’s as good as the say I will sell of one of the two. The last Nikons I shot were my F4 and FM2n film bodies that I still own with a few AI-S and one AF-D lens.

if any here can point me in he best direction thank you in advance.

-- hide signature --

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe! - Words to live by. Albert Einstein

Steve W's gear list:Steve W's gear list
Sony a9 Fujifilm X-E3 Sony a7R IV Fujifilm X-T4 Canon EOS R5 +47 more
Canon EOS R5 Nikon Z9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NFE
NFE
NFE
NFE
NFE
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow