I can't believe the Z7II is still super laggy when zooming in

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Alice732 Regular Member • Posts: 215
I can't believe the Z7II is still super laggy when zooming in

I tried the z6 when it came out and overall it felt like a solid camera but with the distinct problem that the focus magnifier makes the live view run at like 10fps, which is absolutely a deal breaker.

I use magnified view so often I always swap the AF-on button for the magnifier on other cameras. I can confirm focus, I can use the camera as telescope to see what's going on, I use it to check for dust or if a lens is misaligned etc...

I thought ok you know what first gen product, problems are unavoidable, they should be able to fix that in the 2nd gen.

Oh boy was I wrong, it's the exact same nonsense in the Z7II and I don't get it. I see the camera has some kind of focus confirmation but isn't the point of manual focus to be a backup option when AF doesn't work? If you rely on focus confirmation then that's just the same as relying on AF isn't it?

So what exactly is the problem here? Every other camera can maintain the same lag and frame rate when zoomed in, some can even simultaneously have full view and zoomed view picture in picture, at 60fps.

I also tend to have the opinion that Nikon has the worst menu. You get one category for stills one for movies, and then EVERYTHING ELSE in one "custom settings" why? Why aren't AF and AE part of stills? I guess it would be good if you're a noob and you never touch these "custom settings", but if you do use all the settings it's very confusing to have the arbitrary divide.

btw these electronic aperture rings are the fastest rings I've ever seen, one slight touch it just shoots you straight from f/1.4 to f/22

Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow