Thinking about lenses for the Z50

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
J_o_e_l
J_o_e_l Regular Member • Posts: 224
Thinking about lenses for the Z50

Hi all,

Just a teaser that I've got a bunch of nice Z lenses in from lensrentals.com (those guys are amazing!) and currently playing with them all on my Z50. I've got the 28/2.8SE, the 35/1.8, the 50/1.8, the 50/2.8 macro, as well as my 16-50 and 50-250 lenses.

I'm sort of shooting comparison images to see what I think of them all.

So far, the 28/2.8 is my favorite... it focuses really fast, feels pretty nice (traditional), and of course being wider means it's a little more flexible for composition on DX. The 50/2.8 macro is REALLY incredible as well (closest focusing macro I've ever used!).

Anything y'all would like to see a comparison of? Ideas... Overall color reproduction, close focus comparison, bokeh smoothness, or overall just what they produce on a Z50...? Seemed it might be nice to get some A/Bs using the same camera, in the same setting, with just the lenses swapped out.

Let me know if you'd like to see any comparisons and I'll shoot some for us. Happy to help the community while I play with these toys.

Thanks,

-- hide signature --
 J_o_e_l's gear list:J_o_e_l's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z50 Nikon 500mm F5.6E PF Nikon Z 16-50mm F3.5-6.3 VR Nikon Z 50-250mm F4.5-6.3 VR +2 more
Nikon Z50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow