Why Are My Pics So Poor?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
OP abrogard1 Regular Member • Posts: 207
Re: Why Are My Pics So Poor?

Thanks for this.  I'm accustomed to think of speed as the most important because as you can see I'm a victim of blur.    You got that at 1/1000  with an ISO of 100.

I doubt I could do that.  In the morning sun here I just got 1/160 at 6.3 with ISO 100.

I shoot a lot out in the bush.  Little bits of wind shake things around a lot.  Opportunistic shot of a bird I need speed to catch a moving bird especially the wings.  Running roos etc.

So my strategy has been to set a 'safe' speed for myself and let the camera do the rest, using tv instead of manual.  And leaving ISO on Auto, too.

I do have a Canon EFS 55 - 250 and I have used it a lot.  I was thinking the 18-55 gets in closer and of course is a lot smaller and easier to handle.

But I just checked that and it seems that really the longer lens might actually get a tiny tad closer and yep, there's that depth of field advantage.

I just took a shot with it and got 1/200 at 6.3 on ISO 100.  Different camera.  eos400d. but yes,  I get just as close.

I think you're right.  I need to switch back to the longer lens.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rsn
rsn
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow