Copyright and portfolio questions

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BeaView Junior Member • Posts: 45
Copyright and portfolio questions

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask you what do you exactly post/print as a portfolio:

1. photos that you are selling or photos that are just going to be there "for display" as your best photos? I am asking also because I would like to photograph more than my "official" genre and show that, so I can just take a photo and wanted to post it in my portfolio;
  2. If I want to display photos in my portfolio that I took in the past before setting up my photography LLC - and some as a volunteer photographer for animal shelters or stores for products - do you think I can display those in my portfolio after asking them for permission to give me the right to copyright them - if I am supposed to do so?
  3. If someone wants to buy one of those photos - and this is connected to my previous question - is that ok to sell them or not?
  4. About copyrighting: Do you copyright each and every photo you post/sell? I was advised from a lawyer to do so, but I don't have a sufficient number of photos all the time I have new ones to make it worth the cost of copyright them, but if I don't right away then I "can't" post them online because when you make them public then it is a different process for the copyright. What do you all do?

Thank you all in advance for any information you can share!

BeaView's gear list:BeaView's gear list
Nikon D3300
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow