150-400 in Costa Rica

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bobby V
Bobby V Senior Member • Posts: 1,300
150-400 in Costa Rica

Hi everybody. I was super fortunate to have had the opportunity to return to Costa Rica for the third time recently in my first extended international trip after the pandemic started. Like many I have been enduring various stresses out of my control and so it was a real joy to be able to push that aside temporarily and focus on my passion for this hobby. Even with all of the added challenges of traveling it really could not have gone better and that was in no small part thanks to fantastic local guides and accommodations staff. I came away impressed with how professional and safety-oriented the tourism industry as a whole in CR is handling things during these challenging times. I also consider myself quite lucky to have seen some very interesting things and checked off a lot of species I wanted to see.

This was my first longer trip with the E-M1X and 150-400 on hand, and CR is one of those places with its fare share of low light and rain where one would question whether the comparatively tiny m43 sensor would be up to the task. As a brand-agnostic person who shoots across formats I came away mostly pleased and had no regrets or second thoughts that it was a great kit for the job.

If anyone is interested in some additional field notes about my use of this kit or care to see some other photos with it you can visit my blog post Here

Of course any questions and C&C are welcome.

-- hide signature --
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow