Need advice on Nikon primes

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Vetteran
Vetteran Senior Member • Posts: 1,523
Need advice on Nikon primes

Have a couple of D750s with the 18-35, 24-120, 70-300, 50 1.8 G lens, and 85 1.8 G lens and am interested in possibly adding 35mm and 28m primes. I know there is overlap with the the zooms, etc. but that's not why I am seeking some advice.

Buying the 35mm 1.8 and 28 mm 1.8 would set me back between $1000 and $1200, and am not certain I will enjoy the "prime approach to life".

Another alternative is to purchase via *bay 28mm f2 D and 35mm f2D lenses for about $300 combined. In their day, these were pretty decent lenses. Most importantly, not sure how they would operate on D750 bodies.

Bottomline is that if the "D" lens work on the D750 bodies and I like the prime experience with the D750s I may keep them, or upgrade to the newer 1.8 G versions.

First thing is to confirm that that the "D" lenses will work.

Thanks in advance for feedback.

-- hide signature --

Warm regards and very respectfully,
VETTRAN
My travel blog:www.midlifetravels.com

Vetteran's gear list:Vetteran's gear list
Leica Digilux 2 Leica X1 Leica X Vario Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Leica V-Lux (Typ 114) +6 more
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow