A quick grab with the 16/1.4 - Tawny Dragon

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rod McD Veteran Member • Posts: 7,785
A quick grab with the 16/1.4 - Tawny Dragon

Hi,

I went for a walk last weekend with landscapes in mind, but en-route back, came across this fellow sunning himself on a rock. He's a male Tawny Dragon in breeding colors. These guys are flighty and fast. Unfortunately the lens I still had on the camera was the 16/1.4.  My tripod was in my left hand.  It might have scared him to put it down.  The IBIS was off because I'd been using the tripod.  No time to change lenses. No time to fiddle with menus.  No ability to bend down to put my eye to the VF - he would have been gone if I loomed over him.  So -  I jacked up the ISO, stopped down the lens, held the camera one handed at arms length, aimed with no clue where I'd left the AF box, and got off a few quick shots before he scuttled into the scrub.

When the camera in your hand is the only possibility.....  Cropped - I'd have preferred a longer lens - but not bad for a grab shot.

Cheers, Rod

XT4, 16/1.4

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Olympus Tough TG-4 Fujifilm X-T4 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +13 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow