Canon image prograf 1000 banding?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Alowan Forum Member • Posts: 66
Canon image prograf 1000 banding?

Hi,

I Was wondering if anyone on here might know why my printer is acting up and doing banding.

I have an image program pro 1000 that has been printing superbly for almost two years. Recently, after a small break from printing (with the printer always on), it has begun to print horizontal bands on the paper.

I have contacted canon who has escalated it to an expert but it is taking a while.

The bands are in the bottom of the prints and are spaced approx 5mm apart (and always the same spot in the bottom). There have been a few in the top but they seem to have improved. a single print has showed more banding (see image) but in most prints it is the same spot in the bottom.. (the same 3 lines)

I have tried:

reinstalling drivers and printing from not a windows and a Mac.

Nozzle cleaning.

Changed all the inks (some whee getting a bit low). But they are still there.

I also tried different Colors, papers, paper sizes and print programs but it appear I matter what.

The bands seem to be mainly on solid light Colors and if I print only the bottom part of an image they don’t show..? so it is only when printing a full borderless print.. The nozzle check seems fine.

any ideas why they are there and how to fix it?

note that all lines below are horizontal

as far as I could google etc the most probable reason is head misalignment. However I did another cleaning and nizzld check followed by a head alignment that made it worse. Also noted that setting the print quality lower results in more lines..

then I did another head alignment and it got a bit better but it is still there… so I don’t know what to try next.

Right is after 1st auto alignment. Left is after second auto alignment.

Canon Pixma Pro-100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow