Epson P900 cleaning sheets

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hhhhhhhh Regular Member • Posts: 218
Epson P900 cleaning sheets

I'm printing regularly on Hahnemuhle Baryta and Hot Press Natural, no problems at all. Now I started doing some alternative processes and I need to print large transparencies and I use the rear feed because the front feed says that the media is not supported when I insert transparency.

Anyway, the problem is that on transparency, every dust particle is visible, every scratch is emphasized on the final print and when I print on my Epson P900, I can see scratches from the wheels and tracks that guides the paper. Usually on the top, probably they are strongest when loading the paper. They are almost not visible at all at the middle of the paper.

I run all maintenance tasks, thoroughly cleaned the printer inside, whatever I could reach, dust off, vacuum, wiped...but I can still see those marks. Some are scratches, some are dust, as the paper rubs the plastic tracks and wheels of the printer.

I use transparencies to print with platinum palladium, those lines and specks are especially visible on the final print, even more than on the transparency.

Does anyone have experience with printing on transparencies and do you have those marks?

Nikon Coolpix P900
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow