What will you do?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
sgangker Forum Member • Posts: 90
Re: What will you do?

If it really happen, I will get a M50ii and use it till it start to fail.

IMO, Canon is still busy with the high end market (Full-frame mirrorless, high profit margin products). They could be still trying to lure their existing FF DSLR users to port over to their R series. And their main focus now will be to develop the R1. If not, once they lost their customer base to Sony/Nikon, it will be hard to get them back again.

If they introduce an aps-c RF mount camera now, they will need to divert some of their time and resources to develop affordable aps-c lenses in order to lure the middle-tier users (EOS 90D, M5, M6 etc.) and lower-tier users (Rebel series, M50, M200 etc.). But I doubt they will do so because their main focus now is still the high end market.

I think they will eventually (after they have secured their high end market) come out with a high end aps-c RF mount camera (something like the EOS 7D), but that might be a few years down the road. By then, they will need to decide whether it is worth developing a new series of affordable aps-c RF-mount cameras+lenses (or just maintain the EOS-M) for the middle and lower tier market. It could also be the case that the middle and lower-tier market shrink so much (due to the development of smartphone technology) that it is not worth to develop a new series of affordable aps-c RF-mount cameras+lenses.

sgangker's gear list:sgangker's gear list
Canon PowerShot S110 Canon G7 X II Canon EOS M200 Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
KEG
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow