Lumix DC-TZ200 - likely cause of screen failure?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
Erik Ohlson
Erik Ohlson Forum Pro • Posts: 22,390
Re: Lumix DC-TZ200 - likely cause of screen failure? FIX !

Doctor Trousers wrote:

Hi Erik, thanks, I've already opened up the camera and established that replacing the screen is well within my abilities. Accessing the screen takes a fairly minimal amount of disassembly.

I'm really interested in opinions on the likelihood that the LCD panel itself has failed, vs the likelihood that the issue is with the small circuit board that goes between the LCD panel and the main board, ideally informed by other cases where this or a similar model has been repaired.

-- hide signature --

Yes, you are "on it'.

Unfortunately , even on eBay TZ200 parts are fairly expensive, so "Give it a Try - can't hurt" is sort of "off the table". I wish I could help, but as I am quite satisfied with my older cameras (Panny ZS25/ Casio ZR700/800) I haven't kept up.

Only thing which occurs to me now is to try to find a "Non-functioning" used TZ200 & try cannibalizing it for your part. Kinda' risky, though, but maybe cheaper than a specific used part.

Nice to hear from someone who knows what he's doing, though: Good Luck!!

--
"Measure wealth not by things you have but by things for which you would not take money"
www.flickr.com/ohlsonmh/ ohlsonmh@yahoo.com

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow