Sony a7iv monitor/EVF issue

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mimikuni New Member • Posts: 4
Sony a7iv monitor/EVF issue

Hello, I have just received new a7iv(I live in UK). Though It am very lucky to get it so early I noticed something weird about the way it looks on monitor and EVF when it is focused.

First thing is when I half press the shutter the image stretches slightly on both monitor and EVF. It is not like focus breathing, it only slightly 'streches' only one direction (well, I don't know how to explain with my limited English!). It doesn't happen on my a7iii. I tried it with all my lenses, tamron28-200, 17-28, 70-180, samyang45mm and 75mm f1.8 and with all lenses it occurred.

Second thing I noticed is when I half press the shutter EVF looks noisy and less sharp again It never occurred to my a7iii...

Does anyone with a7iv have same issue?? I am wondering if this is a specific problem just to my camera or more general issue which need to be fixed with firmware update.

Any report or advice is appreciated. Thank you:-)

mimikuni's gear list:mimikuni's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony a7 IV
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow